Payroll & Benefits
|Please direct questions to:|
337 Soda Hall
Office hours: M-F 7:00a.m.- 4:00p.m.
Employees in non-exempt positions (hourly) accrue vacation leave and sick leave depending on percentage of appointment and time worked, and/or duration of appointment. They can earn overtime and may be paid for it or take compensatory time. Time off and time worked are recorded to the nearest quarter hour.
Employees in exempt positions (salaried) accrue vacation and sick leave; however, they do not earn overtime or compensatory time. Time off and time worked are recorded in whole-day increments for purposes of pay. A "whole day" may be less than eight hours if an employee's appointment is less than 100% time.
All time sheets are in Microsoft Excel.
- Monthly Time Reporting by Employees – A general summary of time reporting requirements.
Hourly Appointments FAQ –
Q&A for hourly employees.
- 2014 Time Sheets
- 2013 Time Sheets
- Old Time Sheets (2005-2012)
If you are a non-exempt employee and do not see the daily hours appear on your monthly time sheets, go to the cover page and type in the percentage of time that you work.
Job Vacancy Posting (MS Word)
The template supervisors submit to post career staff job vacancies.
- Fidelity NetBenefits and Calvert Investments
General UC Benefits
Provides easy access to COBRA rates, some useful tools (like a retirement plan estimator) and benefits news. For general questions, call: (510) 642-7053.
UC Berkeley Human Resources
Information about career development, pay, personnel policies, and employee relations.
At Your Service - UC Benefits
Log on to At Your Service, Bencom's Online Enrollment. Information about retirement fund performance and insurance. Check here regularly for new information about your benefits and retirement plans.
- If you are a new employee and wish to sign up for your benefits online, have your employee ID number and your benefits selections ready. Please be sure to enroll in your insurance plans within 30 days of your hire date.
- If you do not wish to use the online service, you must call 1-800-888-8267 and press 1 when you hear the recorded voice.
Health and Insurance Questions
Information regarding medical and dental plans, and answers to questions about eligibility and coverage.
Emergency Contact Form
Please use this online form to designate whom to contact in case of an emergency.
- Safety Information and Emergency Procedures.
For lost or stolen paychecks, and duplicate W2 forms call 642-3513, or go to 171 University Hall between 9 and 4.