Faculty Publications - Bernhard Boser
- B. Murmann and B. Boser, Digitally Assisted Pipeline ADCs: Theory and Implementation, Boston, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004. [abstract]
Articles in journals or magazines
- K. Skucha, Z. Fan, K. Jeon, A. Javey, and B. Boser, "Palladium/silicon nanowire Schottky barrier-based hydrogen sensors," SENSORS AND ACTUATORS B-CHEMICAL, vol. 145, no. 1, pp. 232-238, March 2010.
- O. Florescu, M. Mattmann, and B. Boser, "Fully integrated detection of single magnetic beads in complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor," J. Applied Physics, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 046101-1-3, Feb. 2008.
- B. Murmann and B. Boser, "Digital domain measurement and cancellation of residue amplifier nonlinearity in pipelined ADCs," IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 2504-2514, Dec. 2007.
- V. P. Petkov and B. Boser, "High-order electromechanical $Sigma Delta$ modulation in micromachined inertial sensors," IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1016-1022, May 2006.
- B. S. Leibowitz, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "A 256-element CMOS imaging receiver for free-space optical communication," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 1948-1956, Sep. 2005.
- B. Murmann and B. Boser, "A 12-bit 75-MS/s pipelined ADC using open-loop residue amplification," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 2040-2050, Dec. 2003.
- J. I. Seeger and B. Boser, "Charge control of parallel-plate, electrostatic actuators and the tip-in instability," IEEE/ASME J. Microelectromechanical Systems, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 656-671, Oct. 2003.
- M. D. Scott, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "An ultralow-energy ADC for Smart Dust," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 1123-1129, July 2003.
- D. J. Young, B. Boser, V. Malba, and A. F. Bernhardt, "A micromachined RF low phase noise voltage-controlled oscillator for wireless communications," Intl. J. RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 285-300, Sep. 2001.
- L. Doherty, B. A. Warneke, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "Energy and performance considerations for smart dust," Intl. J. Parallel and Distributed Systems & Networks, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 121-133, March 2001.
- M. Lemkin and B. Boser, "A three-axis micromachined accelerometer with a CMOS position-sense interface and digital offset-trim electronics," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 456-468, April 1999.
- B. Boser and B. A. Wooley, "The design of sigma-delta modulation analog-to-digital converters," IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1298-1308, Dec. 1988.
Articles in conference proceedings
- C. D. Ezekwe and B. Boser, "A mode-matching $Delta Sigma$ closed-loop vibratory-gyroscope readout interface with a $0.004deg/sec/rt(Hz)$ noise floor over a 50 Hz band," in 2008 IEEE Intl. Solid-State Circuits Conf. (ISSCC '08) Digest of Technical Papers, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2008, pp. 580-581, 637.
- B. Boser, "From micro to nano: MEMS as an interface to the nano world," in IEEE/ACM Intl. Conf. on computer Aided Design (ICCAD '06). Digest of Technical Papers, S. Hassoun, Ed., Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2006, pp. 824-825.
- K. E. Wojciechowski, B. Boser, and A. Pisano, "A MEMS resonant strain sensor with 33 nano-strain resolution in a 10 kHz bandwidth," in Proc. 4th IEEE Sensors 2005 Conf., Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2005, pp. 947-950.
- B. Cagdaser and B. Boser, "Resonant drive for stabilizing parallel-plate actuators beyond the pull-in point," in 13th Intl. Conf. on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (TRANSDUCERS '05). Digest of Technical Papers, Vol. 1, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2005, pp. 688-692.
- T. S. Aytur, T. Ishikawa, and B. Boser, "A 2.2-mm2 CMOS bioassay chip and wireless interface," in 2004 Symp. on VLSI Circuits. Digest of Technical Papers, Gaithersburg, MD: Widerkehr and Associates, 2004, pp. 314-317.
- S. A. Bhave, J. I. Seeger, X. Jiang, B. Boser, R. T. Howe, and J. Yasaitis, "An integrated, vertical-drive, in-plane-sense microgyroscope," in 12th Intl. Conf. on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems (TRANSDUCERS '03). Digest of Technical Papers, Vol. 1, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2003, pp. 171-174.
- M. Last, B. S. Leibowitz, B. Cagdaser, A. Jog, L. Zhou, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "Toward a wireless optical communication link between two small unmanned aerial vehicles," in Proc. 2003 IEEE Intl. Symp. on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS 2003), Vol. 3, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2003, pp. 930-933.
- B. A. Warneke, M. D. Scott, B. S. Leibowitz, L. Zhou, C. L. Bellew, J. A. Chediak, J. M. Kahn, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "An autonomous 16 mm3 solar-powered node for distributed wireless sensor networks," in Proc. 2002 1st Intl. Conf. on Sensors, Vol. 2, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2002, pp. 1510-1515.
- B. S. Leibowitz, B. Boser, and K. Pister, "CMOS "smart pixel" for free-space optical communication," in Proc. SPIE: Sensors and Camera Systems for Scientific, Industrial, and Digital Photography Applications II, M. M. Blouke, J. Canosa, and N. Sampat, Eds., Vol. 4306, Bellingham, WA: SPIE, 2001, pp. 308-318. [abstract]
- D. Young and B. Boser, "A micromachined variable capacitor for monolithic low-noise VCOs," in 6th IEEE Solid-State Sensor and Actuator Workshop. Technical Digest, Cleveland Heights, OH: Transducer Research Foundation, 1996, pp. 86-89. [abstract]
- B. Boser, I. M. Guyon, and V. N. Vapnik, "A training algorithm for optimal margin classifiers," in Proc. 5th Annual ACM Workshop on Computational Learning Theory, New York, NY: ACM Press, 1992, pp. 144-152.
- O. Florescu, B. Boser, and M. Mattmann, " Integrated magnetic field generation and detection platform," U.S. Patent 8,614,572. Dec. 2013. [abstract]
- A. Partridge, B. Boser, C. Y. Lu, and M. Lutz, " Microelectromechanical oscillator having temperature measurement system, and method of operating same," U.S. Patent 7,446,620. Nov. 2008. [abstract]
- A. Partridge, B. Boser, C. Y. Lu, and M. Lutz, " Temperature measurement system having a plurality of microelectromechanical resonators and method of operating same," U.S. Patent 7,446,619. Nov. 2008. [abstract]
- A. Partridge, B. Boser, C. Y. Lu, M. Lutz, and P. M. Hagelin, " Microelectromechanical oscillator and method of operating same," U.S. Patent 7,369,004. May 2008. [abstract]
- T. Aytur, P. R. Beatty, B. Boser, M. Anwar, and E. Harris, "Method and apparatus for detecting substances of interest," U.S. Patent Application. June 2003.
- P. Krulevitch, H. D. Ackler, F. Becker, B. E. Boser, A. B. Eldredge, C. K. Fuller, P. R. C. Gascoyne, J. K. Hamilton, S. P. Swierkowski, and X. Wang, "Microfabricated AC impedance sensor," U.S. Patent 6,437,551. Aug. 2002.
- B. Boser and E. Säckinger, "Electronic synapse circuit for artificial neural network," U.S. Patent 5,412,565. May 1995.
- B. Boser, "Operational speed improvement for neural network," U.S. Patent 5,271,090. Dec. 1993.
- B. Boser and E. Säckinger, "Electronic synapse circuit for artificial neural network," U.S. Patent 5,274,748. Dec. 1993.
- B. Boser, Ed., "Indoor Floorplan with WiFi Coverage Map Android Application," EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2013-90, May 2013. [abstract]