Faculty Publications - Richard J. Fateman
Book chapters or sections
- R. J. Fateman, "Software fault prevention by language choice: Why C is not my favorite language," in Advances in Computer, M. Zelkowitz, Ed., Vol. 56, New York, NY: Academic Press - Elsevier, 2002, pp. 168-189.
- R. J. Fateman and B. Char, "Problem solving environments and symbolic computing," in Enabling Technologies for Computational Science: Frameworks, Middleware and Environments, E. Houstis, S. Gallopolous, J. R. Rice, and R. Bramley, Eds., 1 ed., Vol. 548, Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2000, pp. 19-43.
Selected Articles in journals or magazines
- W. M. Kahan and R. J. Fateman, "Symbolic computation of divided differences," ACM SIGSAM Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 7-28, June 1999.
- R. J. Fateman, "Symbolic computation of turbulence and energy dissipation in the Taylor vortex model," Intl. J. Modern Physics C, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 509-525, May 1998.
- R. J. Fateman, T. Tokuyasu, B. P. Berman, and N. Mitchell, "Optical character recognition and parsing of typeset mathematics," J. Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 2-15, March 1996.
- R. J. Fateman, K. A. Broughan, D. K. Willcock, and D. Rettig, "Fast floating-point processing in Common Lisp," ACM Trans. Mathematical Software, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 26-62, March 1995.
- I. Z. Emiris and R. J. Fateman, "Towards an Efficient Implementation of Interval Arithmetic," EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/CSD-92-693, July 1992. [abstract]
- R. J. Fateman and W. M. Kahan, "Improving Exact Integrals from Symbolic Algebra," University of California, Berkeley, Department of Mathematics, Center for Pure and Applied Mathematics, Tech. Rep. UCB/CPAM-86-386, Aug. 1986.