- S. A. Berger, W. Goldsmith, and E. R. Lewis, Eds., Introduction to Bioengineering, New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1996. [abstract]
- E. R. Lewis, E. L. Leverenz, and W. S. Bialek, The Vertebrate Inner Ear, Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 1985. [abstract]
- E. R. Lewis, Network Models in Population Biology, Biomathematics; v. 7, Berlin; New York: Springer-Verlag, 1977. [abstract]
- R. J. MacGregor and E. R. Lewis, Neural Modeling: Electrical Signal Processing in the Nervous System, New York: Plenum Press, 1977. [abstract]
Book chapters or sections
- E. R. Lewis, "A brief introduction to network theory," in Introduction to Bioengineering, S. A. Berger, W. Goldsmith, and E. R. Lewis, Eds., New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 1996, ch. 7. [abstract]
Selected Articles in journals or magazines
- E. R. Lewis, "Speculations about noise and the evolution of vertebrate hearing," Hearing Research, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 83-90, Jan. 1987.
- E. R. Lewis, R. A. Baird, E. L. Leverenz, and H. Koyama, "Inner ear: Dye injection reveals peripheral origins of specific sensitivities," Science, vol. 215, no. 4540, pp. 1641-1643, March 1982.
- L. D. Harmon and E. R. Lewis, "Neural modeling," Physiological Reviews, vol. 46, pp. 513-590, July 1966.