Articles in journals or magazines
- H. Fang, H. A. Bechtel, E. Plis, M. C. Martin, S. Krishna, E. Yablonovitch, and A. Javey, "Quantum of optical absorption in two-dimensional semiconductors," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 110, no. 29, pp. 11688--11691, 2013.
- E. Yablonovitch, O. Miller, and S. Kurtz, "Strong Internal and External Luminescence as Solar Cells Approach the Shockley–Queisser Limit," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 303-311, July 2012. [abstract]
- M. Staffaroni, J. Conway, S. Vedantam, J. Tang, and E. Yablonovitch, "“Circuit Analysis in Metal-Optics”,," Photonics and Nanostructures, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 166–176, Jan. 2012.
- S. A. Backer, I. Suez, Z. M. Fresco, J. M. J. Frechet, J. A. Conway, S. Vedantam, H. Lee, and E. Yablonovitch, "Evaluation of new materials for plasmonic imaging lithography at 476 nm using near field scanning optical microscopy," J. Vacuum Science & Technology B: Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1336-1339, July 2007.
- G. D. Scott, M. Xiao, H. W. Jiang, and E. Yablonovitch, "Sputtered gold as an effective Schottky gate for strained Si/SiGe nanostructures," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, pp. 032110/1-3, Jan. 2007.
- J. Tirapu-Azpiroz and E. Yablonovitch, "Incorporating mask topography edge diffraction in photolithography simulations," J. Optical Society of America A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 821-828, April 2006.
- T. Szkopek, P. O. Boykin, H. Fan, V. P. Roychowdhury, E. Yablonovitch, G. Simms, M. Gyure, and B. Fong, "Threshold error penalty for fault-tolerant quantum computation with nearest neighbor communication," IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 42-49, Jan. 2006.
- E. Yablonovitch, M. Xiao, I. Martin, and H. Jiang, "Electrical Detection of the Spin Resonance of a Single Electron in a Silicon Field-Effect Transistor," Nature, vol. 430, no. 6998, pp. 435-439, July 2004.
- E. Yablonovitch, H. Jiang, H. Kosaka, H. Robinson, D. Rao, and T. Szkopek, "Optoelectronic Quantum Telecommunications Based on Spins in Semiconductors," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 761-780, May 2003.
- E. Yablonovitch, H. Kosaka, D. Rao, H. Robinson, P. Bandaru, and K. Makita, "Single Photoelectron Trapping, Storage, and Detection in a Field Effect Transistor," Physical Review B (Condensed Matter and Materials in Physics), vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 45104/1-5, Jan. 2003.
- E. Yablonovitch, "Photonic Crystals: Semiconductors of Light," Scientific American, vol. 285, no. 6, pp. 47-55, Dec. 2001.
- E. Yablonovitch, I. Gontijo, M. Boroditsky, S. Keller, U. Mishra, and S. DenBaars, "Coupling of InGaN Quantum-well Photoluminescence to Silver Surface Plasmons," Physical Review B (Condensed Matter and Materials in Physics), vol. 60, no. 16, pp. 11564-67, Oct. 1999.
Articles in conference proceedings
- E. Yablonovitch, "Can nano-photonic silicon circuits become an INTRA-chip interconnect technology?," in IEEE/ACM 2007 Intl. Conf. on Computer-Aided Design Digest of Technical Papers (ICCAD '07), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 309-309.
- J. Conway, S. Vedantam, H. Lee, J. Tang, and E. Yablonovitch, "What is the smallest volume into which light can be focused, efficiently? (Invited Presentation)," in Proc. 2007 Intl. Nano-Optoelectronics Workshop (i-NOW '07), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 77-77.
- E. Yablonovitch, "CMOS integrated nano-photonics is now a commercial technology (Summary form only)," in Proc. 65th Annual Device Research Conf. (DRC 2007), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2007, pp. 3-3.
- S. Sahni, E. Yablonovitch, J. Liu, and Y. Xie, "Germanium-on-SOI photodetector based on an FET structure," in Conf. on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conf. and Photonic Applications Systems Technologies 2007 Technical Digest (CLEO '07), Washington, DC: Optical Society of America, 2007, pp. 656-657.
- T. Szkopek, D. S. Rao, H. D. Robinson, E. Yablonovitch, and H. Jiang, "Conversion of photon spin to electron spin for quantum repetition (Invited)," in 2006 Digest of the LEOS Summer Topical Meetings, Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2006, pp. 8-9.
- M. Griot, A. I. Vila Casado, W. Weng, H. Chan, J. Basak, E. Yablonovitch, I. Verbauwhede, G. Jalali, and R. D. Wesel, "Trellis codes with low ones density for the OR multiple access channel," in Proc. 2006 IEEE Intl. Symp. on Information Theory (ISIT '06), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2006, pp. 1817-1821.
- A. Lakhani, "Metal-optic and Plasmonic Semiconductor-based Nanolasers," M. C. Wu, X. Zhang, and E. Yablonovitch, Eds., EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2012-62, May 2012. [abstract]