Cory and Soda Hall Room Reservations
|Reserve Rooms||View Schedules||A/V Services||Other Cory Rooms||Other Buildings|
You will need an @berkeley.edu account to make Cory and Soda room reservations. If you are a member of the Berkeley campus community but do not have an @berkeley.edu account, you will need to create a bApps account.
EECS department rooms in Soda and Cory are only available for EECS and other COE community events and cannot be reserved by members of the broader campus community.
- Log into bCal.berkeley.edu
- On your own calendar, click the day you'd like to schedule the event.
- Fill out the "What" field and click "Edit event"
- If the "All day" box is checked, un-check it and set the beginning and end time of the event.
- On the right side of the window, click the "Rooms, etc." link right above the "Enter email addresses" field.
Find the building in the list and click the down arrow next to it.
Be sure that the "Show only available" box is checked!
- Select a room number and click "Add."
- Configure the rest of your event settings. We recommend that you do not invite your guests until after your event has been confirmed by the room scheduler. Click "Save."
Your proposed event will appear on the room calendar but THE BOOKING WILL NOT BE COMPLETE UNTIL YOU RECEIVE EMAIL FROM THE ROOM SCHEDULER APPROVING YOUR EVENT. The confirmation e-mail will be sent to your @berkeley.edu email address.
If your event will be in the evening or over a weekend, please check out any necessary keys from 205 Cory Hall (Cory rooms) or 387 Soda Hall (Soda rooms) before 4pm the weekday of or before the event. In any event, please return furniture to its original lay out and as much as possible leave the room the way you found it (i.e., wipe down tables, throw away trash, etc.).
View Room Schedules (optional)
If you're not already logged in, you must log into bCal before you can view these calendars
Rooms cannot be booked from these links. You must book rooms from your own calendar. When you use the instructions provided above to reserve a room, you will only be shown rooms which are available during your time slot, so you do not need to view the room calendars separately. However, viewing room calendars can be useful when choosing a time slot for your event if you have a particular meeting room in mind.
Please note: There is a bug in bCal that occasionally results in the calendars linked above to appear blank, as if there are no events. If this happens to you, you can see the event details for a room by following these steps:
- Click the arrow to the RIGHT of "Other Calendars".
- Select "Browse Interesting Calendars"
- Click the "More" tab
- Click "Resources for berkeley.edu"
- Look (scroll down) for the building you wish, e.g. "Cory 212 (20)," and click on that
- Find the room you wish to view and click the "Subscribe" button
- The calendar will now appear in the "Other Calendars" listing on the lower left-hand side of the main Google Calendar screen.
Room and Building Information / AV Services
Layout and Amenities
While AV equipment is regularly checked and maintained by staff, the actual running of the event is the user's responsibility. To minimize problems, and prior to your event, please familiarize yourself with the operation of AV equipment you plan to use.
A/V is handled by IESG.
- List of A/V Facilities and Services
EECS-ESG Audio Visual Support Calendar
You must have a bCal account to view this calendar. You may follow the steps under Reserve Rooms
- ETS provides information about general assignment classrooms in Cory Hall.
The Moore Room
The Moore Room will be unavailable until February 2013.
The Moore Room (200 Cory Hall) is located in the central, open-air section of the building and is accessible from the student lounge (room 240). There is also now an entrance on the west side of the south hallway across from room 289.
Rooms in Other Buildings
Sutardja Dai charges rent for use of their rooms.
Bechtel Engineering Center (Sibley Auditorium), Hearst Memorial Mining Building, McLaughlin and O'Brien Halls.
Comprehensive campus event planning and consultation.