Former Graduate Student
Computer Science Division
University of California, Berkeley
Note: I have left Berkeley to pursue a career in consumer virtual reality. For my most recent contact information, portfolio, and resume, please see dcoetzee.com.
This page summarizes my work as a graduate student at Berkeley in online education, domain-specific embedded programming languages, and build systems.
- D Coetzee, Armando Fox, Marti A. Hearst, Björn Hartmann. Should your MOOC forum use a reputation system? CSCW 2014: 1176-1187. Slides: (pptx) (pdf)
- D Coetzee. Choosing Sample Size for Knowledge Tracing Models. Educational Data Mining: Workshop on Bayesian Knowledge Tracing (bkt20y). 2014. Slides: (pptx) (pdf)
- D Coetzee, Armando Fox, Marti A. Hearst, Björn Hartmann. Chatrooms in MOOCs: all talk and no action. L@S 2014: 127-136. Slides: (pptx) (pdf)
- Seongtaek Lim, D Coetzee, Björn Hartmann, Armando Fox, Marti A. Hearst. Initial experiences with small group discussions in MOOCs. L@S 2014. 151-152.
- Shoaib Kamil, D Coetzee, Scott Beamer, Henry Cook, Ekaterina Gonina, Jonathan Harper, Jeffrey Morlan, Armando Fox. Portable Parallel Performance from Sequential, Productive, Embedded Domain-Specific Languages. PPoPP 2012: 303-304.
- D Coetzee, Anand Bhaskar, George C. Necula. A model and framework for reliable build systems. Tech report UCB/EECS-2012-27. 2012.
- D Coetzee. TinyLex: static n-gram index pruning with perfect recall. In Proceeding of the 17th ACM Conference on information and Knowledge Management (Napa Valley, California, USA). CIKM '08. ACM, New York, NY, 409-418. October 2008. PowerPoint Slides.
- Juan Chen, Chris Hawblitzel, Frances Perry, Mike Emmi, Jeremy Condit, D Coetzee, Polyvios Pratikakis. Type-Preserving Compilation for Large-Scale Optimizing Object-Oriented Compilers. In Proceedings of the 2008 ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (Tucson, AZ, USA), PLDI '08. ACM, New York, NY. 183-192. June 2008.
Classes and Projects
- SCMATHE 210: Practicum in Science and Math Education Research and Development. Eric Eslinger.
Essays: Essay 1, Essay 2, Essay 3
- Graduate Student Instructor for CS 169: Software Engineering. George Necula.
- scolorq: My implementation of Jan Puzicha et al's 1998 novel spatial color quantization scheme (for decreasing the color depth of an image).
CC0 waiver: To the extent possible under law, I waive all copyright and related or neighboring rights to all content on this page.
Published papers listed here may be distributed under a limited license; see the copyright statement on the first page for full information.
Last updated 2015 May 17.