CS184 Fall 1997
To be fair, every comment from our anonymous midterm feedback request form has been included, bar none. My favorites are listed first, and the rest are listed afterwards.
Anonymous Midterm Feedback for Dan Garcia
- His enthusiasm is often contagious. Talks sometimes a little too fast - bigger than life, almost.
- Very enthusiastic and entertaining, teaches material very clearly.
- Also, encourages participation very well. His enthusiasm for the material makes learning more fun. :-)
- Excellent rapport with students
- Great, wish he could come up with very indepth review for tests. I think Dan should do more sections
- Excellent! Dan is an awesome teacher. I feel privileged to have him as a TA. I always look forward to attending section when it is his week to teach!
- Every section I have had with Dan has been informative and useful. Every question I ask is answered with clear responses.
- Great - great sense of humor, lecturing, intensity. No complaints.
- You have a way of explaining things in a way that a child can grasp the important concepts of such many mental heights. Superb!
- (all 3 [Dan, Lillian Chu, Aaron Isaksen] I think that TAs in this class are absolutely great! Best TAs I've had so far in UCB. Explanations are very helpful, and I think TAs are very responsive to students' questions. I think you are doing a great job. This is very noticeable for me, especially after comparing to last semester's CS164.
- Great. He knows where students can get lost and explains things well. Perhaps talk a bit slower, but a great GSI. And always willing to help.
- All 3 TAs are very knowledgable and extremely helpful. Sorry to say it but discussions are better than lecture.
- Good so far
- Very good work.
- (all 3)Can you have more office hours?
- This guy is a good TA. Discussion's well organized. It's a very good idea that each TA holds all sessions each week. This system is good, maybe we should apply this idea to other C.S. classes if possible.
- !!!! (all 3) Great bunch
- Gives good comments that help me better understand the lectures
- (all 5) In general the teaching staff is excellent except that I can't follow Adrian.
- Would like to see more presence in lab during hw/project time to assist students.
- Talks too fast
- Very smart guy. Talks a little fast.
- (all 3) Very good and enthusiastic
- Approachable, very knowledgeable, presents well (understanding of personal issues)
- Clear lecturer, and also more examples.
- Good discussions; knows concepts well, but may confuse students when explaining many methods or points of view on how to do the same thing; good discussion notes.
- He seems very knowledgeable about the subject of computer graphics, but he doesn't seem to be able to teach it well.
- Communicates well, but is a bit on the rushed side in section
- He seems like he knows a lot of stuff, but he's never around lab during project time to help out.
- Don't know
- Very good discussion. Suggestion: sometimes cannot be found during office hrs.
- (all 3) Good overall. Too much material not covered in discussion. Perhaps 2 discussion sections a week might help. More office hours (total of 3 hours for 3 TAs?!)
- (all 3)I've been helped by all 3 of these TAs and they are all: Knowledgeable, Patient, Cool
- Always very helpful in understanding concepts. Very clear, moves at a reasonable speed.
- Your teaching style is graceful, easy to follow, interesting, and above all, you know the material. Thanks for all the help. I'd like to see more complete coverage of lectures in section. I'm still very unclear on clipping and z-buffering.
- Very straightforward and entertaining teacher
- Good job
- Very effective. Can learn from him the best.
- Good TA
- 7 year at Cal, weathered TA. Have you ever met Dalilama? Pitt did in 7 year.
- It's easy to tell that you like teaching and you're doing a good job.
WWW Maven: Dan Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) Send me feedback