Topics in Cryptography, E6291
This course was given in Spring'99.
Introduction; One-way and trapdoor functions; Pseudorandom generators;
Pseudorandom function generators; Private-key encryption; Public-key
encryption; Signatures; Authentication; Zero knowledge; Electronic
cash; Private information retrieval.
Schedule of Lectures
- [Jan 20] Introduction, definition of one-way functions.
- [Jan 27] Definition of trapdoor functions. Basics
on number theory. Examples
of candidates: exponentiation and RSA.
- [Feb 3] Rabin's function;
Hard bit of a one-way function.
- [Feb 10] Trapdoor Predicates, Public-key encryption.
- [Feb 17] Efficient Public-key encryption
and Pseudorandom generators.
- [Feb 24] Pseudorandom Generators and Pseudorandom function
- [Mar 3] Pseudorandom permutation generators
and Private-key encryption.
- [Mar 10] Definition of Authentication and Signatures.
- [Mar 24] Signatures.
- [Mar 31] Zero knowledge.
- [Apr 7] Zero-knowledge.
- [Apr 14] Electronic Cash.
- [Apr. 21] Electronic Cash; Private information retrieval.
- [Apr. 28] Private information retrieval; Project reports.
This page has been accessed times
since October 11, 1998.