Professor of Computer Science
and Smith-Zadeh Professor in Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
Adjunct Professor of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco
As of June 30, 2010, Professor Russell has completed his term as Chair of EECS.
The new Chair of EECS is Tsu-Jae King Liu; the new Chair of the Computer Science Division is Michael Franklin
Mailing address: Computer Science Division
387 Soda Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1776
Office location: 740 Sutardja Dai Hall
Other useful pointers:
russell at cs.berkeley.edu
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
- Rationality and Intelligence, slides from the IJCAI 95 Computers and Thought lecture.
- Learning in Rational Agents, slides from NIPS 97 invited talk.
- What is to be done?, slides from AAAI 08 invited talk.
- Life: Play and Win in 20 Trillion Moves , slides from SARA 2011 invited talk.
- Unifying Logic and Probability; A New Dawn for AI? , slides from the Colloquium Sorbonne-Universités, Jan 2013.
- The Long-Term Future of (Artificial) Intelligence, slides from AAAI 2015 invited talk.
- Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Autonomous Weapons, address to the United Nations meeting on Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems, Geneva, April 2015.
- Killer Robots, the End of Humanity, and All That: What's a Good AI Researcher to Do?, slides from IJCAI 2015 invited talk.