Resource People for Teaching Activities
Mike Clancy, 779 Soda, clancy@cs
CS GSI Advisor
- Person who helps match applicants with t.a. positions
- Ombudsperson, general source of knowledge
Julie Aquino, 367 Soda, juliea@cs
- Source of information for almost all payroll-related matters, fees, and GSI
Michael-David Sasson, 379 Soda, soda-rooms@cs, msasson@cs
- Source of rooms for review sessions, overfull discussion sections, etc.
LaShana Porlaris, 449 Soda, 2-9413, lashana@cs
Mary Byrnes, 246 Cory
- Supervisor of the EECS Graduate Matters Office
- Source of information about nonresident tuition.
Cindy Palwick and Sue DeVries, 385 Soda
- A place to borrow textbooks for the course you are assisting.
- Source of copy cards to borrow for making class handouts; available between 7am and 4pm,
- (please be sure to return the copy card after making copies).
CS Office Staff, 387 Soda
source of card keys and regular keys, large chalk, overhead projectors, red pens,
- (if you’ll be using a white board, get a set of markers and keep them with you
through the semester,
i.e., don’t leave them in the classroom.
Instructional Computing Staff, 333 Soda, inst@eecs
- Help with setting up accounts and installing software for the class.
Office of GSI Resources, 301 Sproul Hall
- Publish “Graduate Student Instructor Teaching and Orientation Resources”,
which contains all sorts of good stuff.
- Arrange workshops on teaching -- watch for email from teaching staff.
- Help with accommodations for students with disabilities.
Student Judicial Affairs 326 Sproul Hall, 3-9069, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with handling cases of academic dishonesty, plagerism.