Neil Zhenqiang Gong
Computer Science Division
University of California, Berkeley
Office: 721 Soda Hall
I'm a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at UC Berkeley, working with Prof.
. Prior to Berkeley, I studied computer science at the University of Science and Technology of China(USTC)
, and obtained my B.E. in computer science in 2010.
My research interests include security
, machine learning
and network science
. In particular, I'm interested in leveraging (deterministic and probabilistic) graphical models for security and privacy. When I was an undergraduate, I worked on database query processing
- Neil Zhenqiang Gong, Wenchang Xu and Dawn Song. "Reciprocity in Social Networks: Measurements, Predictions, and Implications". In arXiv:1302.6309, 2013. [Google+ dataset]
- Neil Zhenqiang Gong, Ameet Talwalkar, Lester Mackey, Ling Huang, Eui Chul Richard Shin, Emil Stefanov, Elaine(Runting) Shi and Dawn Song . "Joint Link Prediction and Attribute Inference using a Social-Attribute Network". Accepted by ACM Transaction on Intelligent Systems and Technology (ACM TIST), 2013. [Google+ dataset]
- Neil Zhenqiang Gong, Wenchang Xu, Ling Huang, Prateek Mittal, Emil Stefanov, Vyas Sekar and Dawn Song. "Evolution of Social-Attribute Networks: Measurements, Modeling, and Implications using Google+". In ACM/USENIX Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2012. [Google+ dataset]
- Neil Zhenqiang Gong, Ameet Talwalkar, Lester Mackey, Ling Huang, Eui Chul Richard Shin, Emil Stefanov, Elaine(Runting) Shi and Dawn Song. "Jointly Predicting Links and Inferring Attributes using a Social-Attribute Network (SAN)". In ACM Workshop on Social Network Mining and Analysis (SNA-KDD), 2012. [Google+ dataset]
- Arvind Narayanan, Hristo Spassimirov Paskov, Neil Zhenqiang Gong, John Bethencourt, Eui Chul Richard Shin, Emil Stefanov and Dawn Song. "On the Feasibility of Internet-Scale Author Identification". In IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (IEEE S&P), 2012. [slides]
- Zhenqiang Gong, Nick Matzke, Bard Ermentrout, Dawn Song, Jann E. Vendetti, Montgomery Slatkin and George Oster. "The evolution of patterns on Conus shells" . In Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) (IF=9.771), 109(5), 2012.
- 2010 SIGMOD Undergraduate Poster Competition Award.
- 2009 Guo Moruo Scholarship, the highest honor for undergraduate students at USTC.